Denise Roig's Brilliant, a new collection of short stories set in Abu Dhabi, give us a glimpse of class divisions and coping mechanisms for the locals and expats who make up the fast-growing desert metropolis
To celebrate 150 years of the London subway system, Penguin Lines releases an unusual and compelling collection of creative non-fiction—short, smart and thoroughly compelling, they're perfect hot summer reads.
Canary is Nancy Jo Cullen’s assured debut short-story collection, features everyday Canadians' unexpected moments of giddy freedom, when the heavy responsibilities of daily life lift, and the characters can take a deep breath and remember who they really are.
* 3 cheap Tuesday movie recommendations
* Art Not Love Records listening party
* Blue Dog’s Hip Hop Trivia night & Sun Youth fundraiser
* Hot Butter screens Blue Note: A Story of Modern Jazz
* Sebadoh plays Bar le Ritz PDB