This year's edition of the downtown-dominating festival has its obvious standouts, like Wynton Marsalis, Wayne Shorter, the Brubeck Brothers and Trombone Shorty. But there are many more interesting artists to catch up on and more adventurous music to experience.
* Roxanne Arsenault curates Formats X
* Reel Activism screen The Times of Harvey Milk
* The Peopl’s Comedy: Free Speech
* Mon oncle Anotine at Cinémathèque québécoise
* Syzzors and Blood and Glass at Divan Orange
* Rare Species at Royal Phoenix