What to see on the city's stages this week: Festival les escales improbables kicks off, a reading by playwright Mieko Ouchi, a new venue for burlesque and cabaret and try-outs for a local The Full Monty reboot.
This week, check out a dark comedy by new theatre company Last One Standing Productions, or relive the horrors of the schoolyard in Keith Waterfield and Leighland Beckman’s boozy talk show format Life Lessons.
* Le choix des pianistes at Cinémathèque québécoise
* Concordia’s Soliloquies launch at Cagibi
* Stranger by the Lake at the Phi Centre
* The Ladies & Gentlemen Comedy Show at Shäika Café
* The Coathangers play Divan Orange