Oh it’s on, Montreal.
Our first ever ‘Best of MTL’ Instagram contest starts April 17 at 1 p.m. We will be collaborating with Hind Akhiyat and Gérard Godin from Instagramers Montreal (@igersmontreal) and YOU, to capture the visual side of Best of MTL. Weekly themes, inspired by the Best of MTL voting categories, will be announced on our website, and on Cult MTL‘s Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram feeds every Wednesday until May 17.
Participating is easy!
1. Follow Cult MTL at @cultmtl
2. Snap your theme-inspired picture
3. Tag your location
4. Upload it using #votebestofmtl
Every Thursday, a select photo from a chosen semi-finalist will be published with a photo credit on the Cult MTL Facebook page. The winning photo and photo credit will be announced on our social media channels and website and printed in Cult MTL’s Best of MTL issue in June.
oh and please read these Terms and Conditions in the drop-down box below.[learn_more caption=”PARTICIPATION RULES”]
1. Only users with their Profile set to Public will be entered into the contest.
2. By entering the Competition, Participants expressly acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter where a selection of photographs may be published and releases the aforementioned of any and all claims relating to or arising from the Competition.
3. Before submitting their photographs, Participants must ensure that:
a) The Photograph is original – in other words, the work of the Participant is exclusively the work of the author, nobody else has worked on it and he/she is the owner of the photograph. In the event that any Photograph presents an individual, the participant must have obtained permission from the individual for use in the Competition. The Photograph does not contain any element whatsoever that might infringe a third party’s right in any way, for example another work of art. The Photograph does not in any way reflect negatively on anyone’s image or reputation. The Photograph is not in any way violent or pornographic, and will not, in any way whatsoever harm the dignity or any other rights of any third party. The Photographs must be published on “Instagram” and include the captions:@cultmtl and #votebestofmtl
4. By submitting the Photographs, Participants grant Cult MTL the non-exclusive right to reproduce, display and more generally use and publish the Photographs online free of charge. This use may include Cult MTL websites, its social network pages including Facebook, Twitter and publication in our June issue.
THE COMPETITION – ENTRY AND PRIZE
1. The Competition begins on April 17th, 2013 and ends on May 17th, 2013. Submissions received after this time and date.
2. The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.