The headline-hogging Ikea monkey is definitely from Montreal, and, like us, he probably won't see the original version of Agent 728 XXX, our local porn industry's take on another name pulled from the headlines, police officer Stéfanie Trudeau.
Cue the chorus of I-told-you-sos: SNC-Lavalin wins an award for financial reporting on the eve of news reports that it disappeared $139 million (partly in relation to the superhospital). That, and other mind-bending tidbits of silliness in this week's Quebec, Ink.
Second verse, same as the first — the Office de la langue française is out with its metaphorical yardstick again. But this time, retailers are taking the provincial government to court over new signage rules in Quebec. Have they got a fighting chance?
* Samantha Duchemin vernissage at Quai des Brumes
* Spidey the Mentalist at the Rialto
* Black Theatre Workshop presents The Hallway at the MAI
* U.K. alt band Swervedriver plays le Fairmount
* $ucka-Free Monday’s Beyoncé edition at Korova