JF Robitaille has been on the Montreal scene for a decade+. Ahead of tonight's launch for his new record, Rival Hearts, we asked him about the many romantic allusions to these city streets in his lyrics.
It wasn't like the Plateau and Mile End had a dearth of Portuguese chicken, but now there are three more options for it: Rôtisserie Mile End Churrascaria, Café Smile and Ma Poule Mouillée. In the name of journalism, we tried them all.
Cinema V — the building on Sherbrooke and Girouard also known as the Empress Cultural Centre — has been a subject of debate among locals for a long time, but it will likely see new life soon, as Cinema NDG.
* Roxanne Arsenault curates Formats X
* Reel Activism screen The Times of Harvey Milk
* The Peopl’s Comedy: Free Speech
* Mon oncle Anotine at Cinémathèque québécoise
* Syzzors and Blood and Glass at Divan Orange
* Rare Species at Royal Phoenix