The Jazz Fest has wrapped up another year of eclectic programming and downtown domination. See some of our favourite acts from Stockton, L.A., NYC, Toronto, Glasgow and Coventry (and Montreal, of course), as shot by Cindy Lopez.
Are you going to see Belle and Sebastian tonight? The beloved Scottish pop band is playing the Jazz Fest, and I spoke to keyboardist Chris Geddes about some of his favourite B&S songs, and what we can expect from the show.
What’s really encouraging about the initial reactions to the bootlegged Magna Carta is the lessened volume of detractors mad that a new Hov record isn’t exactly like The Blueprint. PLUS a blueprint for your week in parties.
* Roxanne Arsenault curates Formats X
* Reel Activism screen The Times of Harvey Milk
* The Peopl’s Comedy: Free Speech
* Mon oncle Anotine at Cinémathèque québécoise
* Syzzors and Blood and Glass at Divan Orange
* Rare Species at Royal Phoenix